Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This may not be the dumbest thing I have heard this year…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This may not be the dumbest thing I have heard this year…

...but it ranks. I posted a link about a comment this Illinois incumbent Phil Hare made in the Healthcare Hypocrisy thread a while ago. Back then Hare demonstrated he had very little regard for the Constitution (and probably flunked civics class).

Illinois Democrat on O-Care: “I don’t worry about the Constitution on this”

Well it appears his political radar is slightly askew as well (or he just pounded a handful of stupid pills), Ed Morrissey of Hotair explains:

[Rep. Phil Hare (D-IL)] wants to let us know that the national debt is nothing but a “myth.” In what will almost certainly become a sound bite in House races across the nation, Hare not only disputes the existence of debt and deficits, he insists that Democrats have to keep spending money we don’t have … for the children
    The money quote:

And we will see a terrible price that we will pay years down the road for letting our children down when they need us the absolute most. I’m not going to be part of that, so every minute that I have here is going to be spent debunking the myth that this country’s in debt and we just can’t spend.
    Video: Hare calls deficit, debt a “myth”

:blink: I really don't know what to say.

Hare was born in Galesburg but was raised in Rock Island. He graduated from Alleman High School in 1967. The son of a machinist, Hare went to work at Seaford Clothing Factory in Rock Island where he stayed for 13 years. He received his A.A. at Black Hawk College, in Moline, Illinois. While working there Phil served as a union leader and was President of the UNITE HERE Local 617.
    I don't know if he learned much about Economics or the Constitution earning that AA at Black Hawk College, maybe his time with the Local 617 was educational.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
    X